According to current studies, one in eight women will develop breast cancer.
Early detection and screenings are the most effective ways to combat this disease. That’s why McLaren Greater Lansing created a Breast Care Center designed to accommodate your busy lifestyle.
- The area’s most advanced technology
- The region’s only breast MRI and MRI-guided biopsy
- Comprehensive suite of services
- Mammopads create a softer, warmer surface during mammogram exams
- Specially-trained clinicians guide you through each procedure
- Designed with your privacy in mind
- Conveniently located within McLaren Greater Lansing
- Flexible hours
No need to wait for a referral, call today.
Breast Care Center
401 W. Greenlawn Ave.
Lansing, MI 48910
Central Outpatient Scheduling:
Monday-Thursday, 7:30 a.m.-6 p.m.
Friday 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Saturday hours available.
Breast Care Center Visits by Appointment Only
Breast Surgical Clinic Visits By Appointment Only
Services at the Breast Care Center are provided by a full staff of physicians, clinicians and breast health experts, and include:
- A very important look in early detection of breast cancer or other breast abnormalities;
- Mammograms and ultrasound -
- The most sophisticated technology available is used for on-site, diagnostic mammograms and ultrasounds;
- Board-certified radiologists provide on-site readings of these diagnostic studies.
- Conducted by a registered ultrasound technologist and a certified mammography technician.
Stereotactic breast biopsy
Procedure uses digital mammography, while needle is inserted into the breast to acquire a small tissue sample for lab testing to evaluate breast abnormalities from routine mammograms;
Ultrasound-guided core biopsy
This diagnostic test uses ultrasound in place of mammography. A needle is inserted into the breast, to acquire a small tissue sample for laboratory testing.
Fine Needle Aspiration
This procedure alleviates pressure from breast cysts by "draining" the sac of fluid, while "aspirating," or taking cells from questionable breast tissue for further testing.
Excisional Breast Biopsy
Affords a "one-system" continuum of care, with surgical suites available at both medical center campuses affiliated with McLaren Greater Lansing.
Breast Care Center
- Clinical breast exams
- Mammograms and ultrasound
- Stereotactic breast biopsy
- Ultrasound-guided core biopsy
- Fine needle aspiration
- Breast biopsy
- Breast Surgical Clinic
- Clinical breast exams;
- Highly individualized care by specially trained breast care physicians and surgeons and clinical staff
- Open Monday-Thursday, 7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m., Friday and Saturday, 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Breast Surgical Clinic
Accessing Services at the Breast Care Center
All women with breast health concerns are invited to contact us for breast care health, diagnostic testing, and treatment. The Breast Care Center can help with referrals, follow-up treatment and/or consultation with other medical specialists and health care professionals as needed.
Updating your primary care physician about diagnosis and treatment?
Your primary care physician is a valued member of your personal health care team, and we ensure s/he is keep them apprised of your breast health and treatment plan. Results of any diagnostic test, as well as a copy of the recommended treatment plan-for those women diagnosed with breast cancer-will be sent to your primary care/family physician, unless you notify us otherwise.
You'll like the special features of McLaren Greater Lansing's Breast Care Center:
Individual consultation rooms and private dressing rooms;
Medical direction provided by board-certified Breast Imaging Radiologist, Lewis A. Jones, M.D.
Physicians, clinicians and staff, all attuned to women's needs and understanding how vital clinical expertise is to your health and well-being.
The Breast Care Center can help facilitate referrals, follow-up treatment, and/or consultation with other medical specialists and health care professionals and services as needed.
Click here for a radio spot on Breast Cancer Risks in African American Women