Filling prescriptions after a hospital stay can be a challenge. McLaren Pharmacy takes the hassle out of getting prescriptions filled. A simple order form is completes and our in-house pharmacy fills and delivers the prescription to the patient before they leave the hospital.
Medication safety is our first priority. Our pharmacists can coordinate discharge medications with the physician before the patient leaves the hospital, decreasing the chance for unwanted drug duplications or interactions. McLaren Pharmacy can also verify that the medication to be taken at home is the correct amount and is scheduled at the right time. With clinical pharmacists in multiple practice settings (hospital, retail, ambulatory care, nursing homes), we stay abreast of our patient's complete medication history and facilitate any interventions with physicians. Working together, we ensure that patients get the benefit the expect from their medications.
How It Works:
- Physician performs discharge medication reconciliation and writes any required prescriptions.
- Nurse faxes the prescription(s) and face sheet to the retail pharmacy.
- Retail pharmacy dispenses the prescription and bills the patient's insurance company.
- Pharmacy technician delivers the prescription to patient's bedside and collects payment if the patient accepts the prescription.
- Pharmacy technician asks the patient if they have any questions related to these medications and will contact the pharmacist via cell phone if questions arise.
- Once prescription is accepted, the original prescription is secured from the patient's chart.
Benefits of DischargeRX:
- Eliminates the need to stop and wait for prescriptions to be filled on the way home.
- Prevents delays or multiple trips back to the pharmacy by addressing all insurance and availability issues prior to patient discharge.
- Charges patients only their usual co-payments. We operate a full-service pharmacy, accepting most insurances and offering competitive prices.
- Provides automatic refill orders for patient convenience. Refills can be mailed directly to the patient's home or called into their pharmacy of choice.
- McLaren Flint
- McLaren Lapeer Region
- McLaren Bay Region
- McLaren Greater Lansing
- McLaren Macomb
- McLaren Oakland