Over the past year McLaren Central Michigan has:
- provided health care services to more than 42,000 people.
- been named one of the nation's 100 Top Hospitals® for the second time in the past three years by Thomson Reuters. McLaren Central Michigan was selected from nearly 3,000 national hospitals as an example for other healthcare organizations to follow.
- welcomed 22 new physicians to our community to establish new practices and several
more are in the works.
- celebrated the one year anniversary of the Heart & Vascular Center on July 1. The Center meets tremendous community need and has served more than 6,000 patients in the last 12 months.
- unveiled a new, ultra-short open bore MRI that produces higher quality images and has an opening nearly 20% larger than closed-bore MRIs. Most procedures are performed feet-first, with the patient's head staying outside the bore. Noise levels - patients' top complaint - are reduced by up to 90%. The new MRI also allows advanced breast imaging and biopsies that lead to more precise diagnoses and timelier, more accurate treatment decisions between doctors and patients.
- been fortunate to have more than 180 volunteers giving of their time. The McLaren Central Michigan volunteers donated $89,000 of charitable support for multiple projects that directly benefits patients.
- participated in and/or sponsored 146 community events and activities. These included community health education programs and screenings, health fairs and expos, and other community-building activities positively affecting quality of life.
- provided $4,920,290.42 in community benefit services for the central Michigan area. McLaren Central Michigan has a responsibility to provide traditional hospital services as well as programs and services to help people improve their health and their lives.