||Are You a Candidate for Bariatric Surgery?
- Are you 100 pounds or more above your ideal body weight?
- Do you have a BMI of 40 or greater?
- Do you have a BMI of 35 or greater with one or more obesity-related health condition(s)?
- Have other forms of weight control failed?
- Are you over 18 years of age?
- Are you well informed about the potential procedure and risks?
If so, you may be a candidate for weight loss surgery. Together, you and your McLaren bariatric surgeon will take steps to determine:
If surgery is the right treatment for you
Which type of procedures is right for you
If you are mentally and emotionally prepared to make lifelong lifestyle changes
Expect the prequalification process to include a series of tests. You will also meet with a nutritionist, psychologist, and other support staff members in sessions leading up to surgery. McLaren Bariatric and Metabolic Institute will help you prepare for the changes and challenges that lie ahead.
If you believe bariatric surgery would improve your health and well-being, contact McLaren Bariatric and Metabolic Institute to begin a conversation and start the prequalification process.