Osteopathic Medical Student and PA Student Application
Sorry, No Off Shore Students
Application for Osteopatic Elective Clerkship - Section II
Application for Medical and PA Students
Dear Student Doctor:
To setup a rotation you must call Gary Riley in Medical Education at 517-975-7886 at least 3 months prior to completing this application.
Thank you for your interest in McLaren Greater Lansing's Clerkship Program. The following criteria must be met in order for your rotation to be confirmed.
- Application is filled out by the student and their Dean of Student Affairs (or official).
- Medical School must be an approved Osteopathic or US Physician Assistant School
- Up-to-date immunization records received from your school.
- After a check is done on the HHS, Office of Inspector General website.
- After a check is done on the CIS website.
- After your file is reviewed by the McLaren Greater Lansing, Medical Education Committee. (meets bi-monthly)
- All applications must be in at least 2 months prior to the rotation. No Exceptions!
Should you need housing, please indicate this in the area provided on the application. McLaren Greater Lansing has housing available on a first come, first serve bases at $100 a week per student.
Please Note: For Medical Student Doing a Surgery Specialty Rotation:
Upon Initial Arrival to the Surgery
(This needs to be done once at each campus)
1. If you are planning on scrubbing any cases while here at McLaren Greater Lansing please contact the Clinical Educator as soon as possible:
Greenlawn (General, EENT, Hearts, Vascular, URO, GYN)- (517) 975-85852. Medical Students are under the direction of the Resident while in surgery. The student will also listen to the surgery staff in the room.
Pennsylvania (Orthopedics)- (517) 975-3199
The Educator will determine your need for education related to our operating rooms. If it is determined that you need a scrub class we will schedule that with you. This class is 2 hours and requires an appointment.
When possible the class will be done as a group with the coordinating assistance of Medical Education.
3. If the surgery staff feels you are not acting appropriately for the surgical environment, you will be corrected and possibly asked to leave the room.
4. Remember you are a guest.
The following rotations are available through the Medical Education Office
Rotations may be scheduled through the Medical Education Office by calling Gary Riley at (517) 975-7886.
- Emergency Medicine
- Family Practice
- General Internal Medicine*
- Orthopedic Surgery*
- Pulmonary Medicine
- General Surgery
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation: Contact Bunny at (517)353-0713 to schedule
Secure Online Application (section 1) Student fills out
Secure Online Application (section 2) Dean of Student Affairs (or official) fills out