Healing and hope along an uncertain path
First, there's the arsenal of clinical regimens to help patients hospitalized with cancer or blood disorders fight back the assault to their bodies and spirits. Amidst the physical interventions, patients find a staff attuned to the inner transformation that marks the path of cancer patients.
- A dedicated 24-bed unit for acute inpatient cancer care
- Services include chemotherapy and disease management; treatment for immunodeficiency or hematological disorders; and pain control.
- Interdisciplinary services central to patient care include medical social work, pharmacist pastoral care, nutritional counseling, enterostomal therapy, occupational, speech and physical therapies.
- An oncology physician team available for consultation.
- Dedicated case managers coordinate care for patients from admission to discharge and beyond.
- Oncology certified and specially trained nurses manage patient care.