It’s a matter of life and limb! Vascular screenings help determine whether you are getting sufficient blood flow from head to toe. Consider this screening annually if:
- Any individual 55 and older
- Have diabetes, hypertension, or uncontrolled high cholesterol (starting no later than age 40)
- Have a family history of heart disease
The screening costs $60, and offers the following tests:
- Ankle Brachial Index (ABI): Is used to detect decreased circulation in your lower extremities by calculating the ratio of the blood pressure measured in the ankle to the blood pressure measured in the arms.
- Aortic Scan: The Doppler Test detects the presence of aneurysms that could rupture and be fatal.
- Carotid Scan: A painless ultrasound test to detect blockages in your carotid arteries, that could lead to stroke..
For an additional $10 a full lipid/glucose profile with a cardiac risk appraisal is available.
If potential blockages are found, further testing may be recommended to confirm the presence and degree of blockage detected. A copy of test results is given to the patient to share with their family physician. The screening cost is about one-half the cost of each test taken independently.
Screenings are held from 7:00 - Noon. Please call 517-975-8304 to schedule an appointment for the next available date.
The vascular screening is by appointment only at The Chi Heart and Surgery Center, located at 401 W. Greenlawn patient entrance. To schedule a screening appointment, call Ann McMeeken, RN, at McLaren Greater Lansing at (517) 975-8304.