If you experience, or see someone having any of
these symptoms, call 9-1-1 immediately. TIME IS BRAIN. A person having a stroke needs immediate medical attention.
- Sudden numbness of weakness in the face, arm or leg
(especially on one side of the body);
- Sudden confusion, trouble speaking or understanding;
- Sudden trouble seeing in one or both eyes;
- Sudden trouble walking, dizziness, loss of balance or coordination;
- Sudden severe headache with no known cause.
Click here to view a
Helping A Stroke Victim
While waiting for the rescue unit to arrive, have the person experiencing
the stroke lie or sit down, if standing.
- Stay with the person so they don't try
to get up. Staying calm and quiet is important .
- Do not give the person anything to eat or drink.
- If they are on the floor, don't move them.