The Family Birthing Center wants to make your stay as pleasant as possible. The following information will help in planning for your baby’s birth.
- One support person may stay with mom. A recliner chair is provided in the Birthing Suite for an overnight stay.
- Visiting hours for all other persons is from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. daily.
- Video recording of deliveries is not permitted.
- Rooms are equipped with wireless computer access.
- The hospital’s room service menu allows moms to order meals and snacks from a menu each day from 6 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. throughout their stay.
- Triage nurses are available to evaluate pregnant women with labor or early delivery concerns.
- Constant security of newborns is provided through the HUGS Infant Security System.
- Professional photos of mom and her new baby are available for purchase from a professional firm called MOMS 365. Purchased packages may be viewed on-line (with safety precautions in place) from the Web Nursery site.
- Special gifts are provided from the hospital’s Gift Shop.
Additional services for newborns include:
Because your baby’s well-being is important to us, we offer several important health initiatives. These include:
- Universal hearing tests performed on all newborns
- Hepatitis B vaccinations for newborns, should parents choose this service
- Newborn blood screening (PKU blood test) to check for the possibility of any rare blood diseases
- Cord blood testing upon the mother’s request (parents must purchase their own kit).