The Surgery Center at McLaren Macomb
Surgery with less stress – that’s the goal of the highly skilled team in the Surgery Center at McLaren Macomb.
With state-of-the-art equipment, the Surgery Center allows the area’s top surgeons to perform a full range of procedures, including total joint replacement and an increasing number of minimally invasive techniques using laparoscopic and robotics systems.
McLaren’s surgeons work in eight spacious surgical suites in the Surgery Center, as well as in six well-equipped operating rooms in the main hospital.
In both surgical areas, the team works hard to provide individualized care for every patient, as well as their family members. McLaren’s surgical areas are small enough to offer greater convenience, such as accessible parking, registration as you walk in and comfortable waiting areas.
However, the surgeons and staff are also part of the larger McLaren network, which means they have access to the most advanced techniques and surgical training.
For example, many teams of nurses and technicians are dedicated to a particular type of surgery, such as orthopedics, gynecology and urology, so they are specially trained for that area of work. A surgical educator is on-staff to keep the teams up-to-date on new advances.
Patients can also be reassured that they are in the hands of highly skilled surgeons and anesthesiologists. They work in collaboration with certified surgical technologists and nurse specialists.
Convenience: Other benefits for patients and families include:
- Registration, surgery, post-operative recovery and discharge procedures all located in one dedicated area in the Surgery Center
- Operating suites designed for efficiency so delays are less likely
- Shorter wait times before surgery
- Pre-admission testing to screen all patients either by phone or in person
- Private pre-operative rooms
- Courteous staff committed to keeping family members informed
- Satellite pharmacy
- Outdoor garden and refreshment area
- Continuous effort to improve patient satisfaction