|Facility||McLaren Northern Michigan|
|Title||Childbirth Education - 6 Week Class Series|
|Location||Community Health Education Center, 360 Connable Ave., Petoskey, MI 49770|
|Description||A six-week series. Choose a class that ends 2-3 weeks prior to your due date. Sign up early. Space is limited. |
• Normal labor, birth, and post-delivery
• Positioning, which will help the normal progress of labor and birth
• Massage techniques to ease the pain of labor and aid in relaxation
• Comfort measures, such as the use of a hot tub, hot and cold compresses, and pressure
• Relaxation skills including breathing strategies (skills which can be used throughout life in times of stress)
• Labor support – both that of the partner and the professional
• Information about medications and medical procedures to help families make informed choices
• Tour of the Hospital and Women and Children Care Center
Week 5 – Adjusting to Parenthood
This class is designed to help you anticipate and prepare for the changes in your life with your new baby. The focus of the class will be on relationship changes and making a plan for adjusting to a new family dynamic.
Week 6 – Infant Care
• This class will help prepare you for the many needs of a new baby. We will discuss newborn care issues such as bathing, cord care, feeding, diapering, car seat usage, and how to tell if your baby is sick. We will also discuss ways to comfort a crying baby.
Thursday, January 17 - February 21, 2013
Monday, February 25 - April 1, 2013
Thursday, April 18 - May 23, 2013
Wednesday, September 4 - October 9, 2013
Monday, October 28 - December 2, 2013
Complete details including times, dates, and registration information are available by calling the Childbirth Education Department at 231.487.4762.