The Indiana Healthcare Foundation is a division of Indiana Regional Medical Center. Its mission is to advance the spirit of philanthropy through training, education and advocacy. The basis of philanthropy is to promote ethical fundraising through its code of ethical principles and standards of professional practice. We are committed to the enhancement of volunteerism and are responsible for ensuring that needed resources are vigorously and ethically sought and that the intent of the donor is honestly fulfilled.
By supporting the COVID-19 Fundraising Campaign, you will enable us to continue to assist employees through the creation of an Employee Emergency Fund – a way to assist employees with COVID related child care expenses, unpaid medical bills, time off due to positive COVID tests and lost wages as a result of furlough.
Since 1980 the Teddy Bear Fund Drive has been a big tradition in Indiana County. This fund is a true testament to our community spirit and big-hearted nature. The series of events organized to raise money to support children in our community and Children’s Hospital in Pittsburgh has raised nearly $3 million through the years.
Indiana County schools play a significant role in the Teddy Bear Fund Drive. From preschool to elementary to middle and high schools, our youth step up to help those children who are not as fortunate. The ways they raise their contributions are many to reflect the different and creative ways to pitch in.
IRMC is thankful to Mark Bertig, chairperson of the Teddy Bear Fund Drive, and Renda Broadcasting for their continued support and dedication.
The Love of Life Campaign is currently celebrating their 17th year in support of the Women’s Imaging Center at Indiana Regional Medical Center (IRMC). Through the generous donations and fundraising from the Love of Life Campaign, the Women’s Imaging Center has been able to update and now plans to upgrade technologies for patients, as well as provide support to Birdie’s Closet. The Love of Life proceeds have provided digital mammography and imaging to IRMC and all of IRMC’s satellite locations. IRMC is also proud to offer Tomosynthesis (3D Mammography) at IRMC’s main campus, as well as our IRMC at Chestnut Ridge location in Blairsville. Without the generous support from the community, none of these technologies or care items provided by Birdie’s closet would be available to the community.
Supporting the Love of Life Campaign this year means allowing for the purchase of a Magseed®. Magseed localisation is the technique developed to allow radiologists and surgeons to mark and remove small and early stage breast cancers with incredible precision. Further providing for the most up-to-date medical technology and the safest and most accurate patient diagnoses. Donate to the Love of Life campaign.
More ways to give
Your gift can benefit:
- Palliative care: Palliative care aims to enhance the quality of life such as physical, emotional and spiritual needs of patients and families who are faced with serious illness. This fund will ensure that patients and families receive support.
- Birdie's Closet: The closet is a unique boutique serving women before, during and after cancer. Providing shawls, hats, wigs, scarves, camisoles, blankets, satchels and more. Your gift helps us continue our mission to ensure that individuals undergoing cancer treatment and some of its devastating side effects have a haven to secure products to meet individual needs.
- Diabetes - Indigent Fund: This fund helps those less fortunate with purchasing insulin, syringes, medications, etc.
- Cardiology department: This fund supports the cardiology department and is restricted for use within the department for equipment upgrades necessary for patient care.
- Pediatric Department/TBFD: This fund supports the pediatric department. It is restricted to providing care and services to children by meeting their medical and wellness needs. This can be asn an inpatient or through a variety of community service projects that reach children through the local schools or community programs. Thank you for supporting our organization in meeting the health and wellness needs of local children
- IRMC Cancer Center in partnership with UPMC Cancer Center: This fund supports the ongoing operation of the IRMC Cancer Center and patient care needs. The funds also provide transportation of cancer patients to and from the IRMC Cancer Center in partnership with UPMC Hillman Cancer Center for radiation treatments via a transportation van. With radiation treatments being needed everyday for so many days/weeks it is sometimes a hardship for patients to get transportation to and from the treatment center. The transportation van has served 7,855 patients since June 2009. This service is provided at no charge to the patient. Our service area includes Indiana, Jefferson and parts of Cambria, Somerset, Armstrong and Westmoreland Counties.
- Debra Hodak Water Wall: The Water Wall is displayed in the IRMC Cancer Center in partnership with UPMC Hillman Cancer Center. The donor wall feature memorializes Debra L. Hodak and shares her inspiration with others who enter the IRMC Cancer Center. Each gift of $1,000 will get your loved one's name placed on the water wall.
- Wyant Pink Ribbon Wall: The Wyant Family Pink Ribbon Wall is proudly displayed in the IRMC Women's Imaging Center. The wall symbolizes strength, courage, and hope for a cure. We are honored to display you or your loved one's name for a gift of $1,000 or more.
- Women's Imaging Center: The center is home to the latest advances in breast care technology. Not only is there a state-of-the-art breast MRI now available, there is also 3D mammography. The imaging center is also where the resource library and Birdie's Closet are located. The Women's Imaging Center offers more than the best medical technology, it also provides a safe and caring place for women to seek care, treatment and beyond!
- Donor Designated: Donations are directed toward the department or service area of your choosing.