We are pleased to invite graduating seniors who are seeking a career in the healthcare field to apply for the ICARE scholarship. One $1,000 scholarship will be awarded as well as several up to $500 scholarships.
To be considered for these scholarships, a student must:
- Be a high school senior in IRMC Service Area (Indiana County).
- Intend to pursue studies in the healthcare field.
- Complete the personal information section.
- Complete the required scholarship form as described below.
- Submit the scholarship form electronically by March 31, 2023.
Scholarships will be awarded on the basis of personal essay, application quality, scholastic excellence, community service and activities, and letters of recommendation.
Instructions for Scholarship Form Requirements
Personal Essay from Applicant
In two pages, typed and double-spaced please answer the following:
- Describe your career and educational goals and how you intend to reach them using qualities that you have developed.
- What obstacles have you faced in the past and how have you overcame them?
- The healthcare profession you wish to pursue and why?
- Where you would want to practice as a healthcare professional and why?
- How likely you would eventually practice in the IRMC service area.
- How you might call on any of the IRMC core values listed below while practicing your intended healthcare profession.
I - Integrity
C - Compassion
A - Accountability
R - Respect
E - Excellence
Letters of Recommendation
Please provide two letters of recommendation from teachers, counselors, volunteer leaders, or work supervisors who can describe your abilities and potential to succeed as you pursue a career in a medical field. At least one letter must speak to your academic excellence.
High School Transcripts
Please include a recent copy of your High School Transcript.
Photo Consent Form
If award is won and with your permission, the photo taken at awards program will be used in press releases sent to the media announcing the award recipient. It may be used in our community publications. Please download the Photo Consent Form, sign it and upload it.
Application period has ended. Check back in 2024 for opportunities.