General visitation guidelines
Effective Tuesday, November 17, 2020: The health and safety of our patients, visitors, employees and community remain a top priority at Indiana Regional Medical Center. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
We encourage family and friends to remain closely connected to their loved ones through virtual means, including Skype, Zoom, FaceTime, and/or phone. Learn more here.
For patients and visitors
In an effort to keep our community safe during this difficult time, we are not permitting visitors. Rare exceptions to visitor restrictions MAY be considered, unless the patient is COVID-19 confirmed/positive or pending COVID-19 results.
- For obstetric patients (new/laboring mothers), one visitor is permitted and must be the only person through the course of admission. Meals will be provided for the visitor.
- If an obstetric patient presents with an acute problem needing evaluation in the Emergency Department or via the front entrance, one designated support person will be able to accompany the patient to the Obstetrics unit.
- For pediatric patients, one visitor is permitted in the pediatric unit. Visitors must be parent, guardian, or a family care partner. Meals will be provided for the visitor.
- In certain situations, the visitor policy may be modified or exceptions may be granted. IRMC reserves the right to limit visitors based on capacity in any of our areas.
- Minors may be accompanied - one adult visitor
- Patients with developmental delays or unable to give consent - one adult visitor
- End of life - one adult visitor
- Patients with disruptive behavior, where a family member is key to their care - one adult visitor
- Approved exceptions (listed above): Visiting hours are Monday - Friday from 12 p.m. - 7 p.m. and Saturday - Sunday from 12 p.m. - 3 p.m. In-patient visitor must enter through the IRMC main entrance screening station.
- All approved visitors must pass a health screening and wear a mask. Visitors with a cough, fever or signs of illness will not be permitted to enter the building.
- Visitors under the age of 16 will not be permitted.
- No visitors will be permitted in rooms of patients who have tested positive for COVID-19 or who are under investigation for COVID-19.
- Approved visitor may only have one entry per day.
Surgical procedures and outpatient testing
- Visitors accompanying patients for operative, ambulatory, procedural, and other outpatient testing are not permitted and will be asked to wait at home or in the car.
- Obstetric patients will be permitted one support person during ultrasounds. Support person must stay with the patient at all times.
- Elective procedures resume May 5, 2020.
- IRMC will continue to perform all necessary emergent procedures.
Outpatient visits and physician offices
All offices are open. Various providers are offering tele-medicine and leaving it to the individual discretion of the physician as to what is an acute versus a routine/wellness visit.
- Please contact 888.452.IRMC (4762) to see if your provider offers tele-medicine.
- Acute visits are to be seen as necessary and this includes a physician referral to a specialist.
- Visitors are not permitted in the Medical Arts Building, IASA Building, 119 Professional Center, IRMC at Chestnut Ridge, the Overlook Building, or the Human Motion Institute.
- Exceptions include: Patients with office visits being counselled with critical diagnoses, such as cancer diagnosis or patients who need assistance, either physically or with the management of their care (elderly, disabled, etc).
IRMC facility hours of operation
As of July 1, 2020: To protect our patients and staff, all who enter IRMC and its outpatient facilities must adhere to a health screen prior to entrance to the facility and are required to wear a mask.
- Main Entrance: Monday – Friday: 5:30 a.m. – 7 p.m.; Saturday 7 a.m. – 7 p.m.; Sunday 9 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- You may enter the facility outside of these hours, but must do so through the Emergency Department.
- Outpatient testing (including laboratory, cardiology, imaging, etc) hours vary, please call to pre-register at 888.452.4762.
- Emergency Department: 24/7
Programs and service cancellations
For your health and safety, the following are closed/canceled until further notice:
- Community events and classes (some classes offered virtually)
- Support groups (some offered virtually)
- S&T Wellness Center is closed until further notice.