General visitation guidelines
- All approved visitors must pass a health screening and wear a mask. Visitors with a cough, fever or signs of illness will not be permitted to enter the building.
- Visitors under the age of 16 will not be permitted.
- No visitors will be permitted in rooms of patients who have tested positive for COVID-19 or who are under investigation for COVID-19.
- Approved visitor may only have one entry per day.
For patients and visitors
Effective Wednesday, March 3, 2021: Visiting hours are 9 am – 7 pm, Monday through Friday, and 9 am - 3 pm on Saturday and Sunday.
- For inpatients, one visitor per patient is permitted per day.
- For obstetric patients (new/laboring mothers), one visitor is permitted and must be the only person through the course of admission. Meals will be provided for the visitor.
- Visitor may leave the building, but can only re-enter during visiting hours. Must have wristband on upon return.
- If an obstetric patient presents with an acute problem needing evaluation in the Emergency Department or via the front entrance, one designated support person will be able to accompany the patient to the Obstetrics unit.
- For pediatric patients, one visitor is permitted in the pediatric unit. Visitors must be parent, guardian, or a family care partner. Meals will be provided for the visitor.
- Clergy are permitted (not in COVID-19 isolation rooms), some restrictions may apply.
- In certain situations, the visitor policy may be modified or exceptions may be granted. IRMC reserves the right to limit visitors based on capacity in any of our areas.
- Minors may be accompanied - one adult visitor
- Patients with developmental delays or unable to give consent - one adult visitor
- End of life - two adult visitors
- Patients with disruptive behavior, where a family member is key to their care - one adult visitor
We encourage family and friends to remain closely connected to their loved ones through virtual means, including Skype, Zoom, FaceTime, and/or phone. Learn more here.
Bork Emergency Center
Effective Tuesday, February 16, 2021:
- Patients presenting to the Bork Emergency Center are permitted one visitor/support person, if and when capacity permits. This is subject to change.
Surgical procedures and outpatient testing
Effective Wednesday, February 17, 2021:
- For outpatient surgery, one visitor/support person permitted pre-operative, must wait in the car during procedure and will be contacted post-operatively to return.
- For endoscopy, one visitor/support person permitted post-procedure.
- Obstetric patients will be permitted one support person during ultrasounds. Support person must stay with the patient at all times. Support person not permitted for scheduled NSTs.
Visitors accompanying patients for other outpatient testing are not permitted and will be asked to wait at home or in the car.
Outpatient visits and physician offices
- One visitor/support person permitted at UrgiCare in Blairsville.
- Visitors are not permitted in the Medical Arts Building, IASA Building, 119 Professional Center, IRMC at Chestnut Ridge, the Overlook Building, or the Human Motion Institute.
- Exceptions to these include: Patients with office/UrgiCare visits being counselled with critical diagnoses, such as cancer diagnosis or patients who need assistance, either physically or with the management of their care (elderly, disabled, etc).
IRMC facility hours of operation
As of July 1, 2020: To protect our patients and staff, all who enter IRMC and its outpatient facilities must adhere to a health screen prior to entrance to the facility and are required to wear a mask.
- Main Entrance: Monday – Friday: 5:00 a.m. – 7 p.m.; Saturday 7 a.m. – 3 p.m.; Sunday 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- You may enter the facility outside of these hours, but must do so through the Emergency Department.
- Outpatient testing (including laboratory, cardiology, imaging, etc) hours vary, please call to pre-register at 888.452.4762.
- Emergency Department: 24/7
Programs and service cancellations
For your health and safety, the following are closed/canceled until further notice:
- Community events and classes (some classes offered virtually)
- Support groups (some offered virtually)