Updated as of Thursday, February 25, 2021:
Highlights: At this time, IRMC has limited vaccines available for the community. We are following closely the guidance given to us by the PA Department of Health and CDC. We are administering vaccines, by appointment only, for individuals:
- Age 65 or older
- Healthcare worker
*Verification processes have been tightened to ensure validity of vaccine appointment requests (proof age, employment, county residency, or providers office).
Vaccines distributed: 8,203
Current waiting list (of individuals who meet current criteria): 6,475
We are proud to report that many IRMC and community frontline health care workers received the COVID‑19 vaccine. This keeps IRMC as safe as possible, so that we can continue delivering great care to patients like you.
We understand that the unknown and waiting can be difficult, but we promise to keep you informed. Please know we are doing our part to protect our region's health care workers and will alert you when it's your turn to receive the COVID-19 vaccine.
Here's what you should know:
- Please DO NOT call IRMC’s scheduling center or main phone line to schedule an appointment. We will call you when it is your turn.
- Please be prepared with your insurance card information when signing up. The vaccine is free, however, if you have health insurance, your insurance company may be billed an administration fee. There is no out of pocket cost and the vaccine is provided regardless of health insurance coverage.
- Please do not show up for a vaccine if you do not have a scheduled appointment time. Walk-ins will not be accepted.
Does IRMC have the vaccine available for the community?
At this time, IRMC has limited vaccines available for the community. We are following closely the guidance given to us by the PA Department of Health and CDC. We are administering vaccines for individuals:
- Age 65 or older (lives in Indiana County or an established IRMC patient)
- Healthcare worker (lives in Indiana County or an established IRMC patient)
If you are unable to provide proof of eligibility, or live outside of our service area, your appointment will be canceled and you will be turned away at the clinic.
I meet the criteria listed above to be vaccinated, how do I make an appointment?
Please complete the vaccine appointment request form. You will receive an email alerting you when you are eligible to sign up. We are processing thousands of requests, so please be patient. You do not need to call us, we will contact you when it is your turn.
How do I know what phase I am in?
Visit the PA Department of Health website.
Where can I find more information about the vaccine (like symptoms, side effects, travel, etc.)?
Information about the vaccine can be found on the CDC website.
I recently had COVID-19, what should I know?
Here are answers to commonly asked questions about COVID-19 vaccination. CDC also has information for busting common vaccine myths. It is recommended that you wait 90 days to receive the vaccine. Please consult with your physician.