The IRMC Comprehensive Breast Center, under the directorship of Dr. Dan Clark, provides you and your loved ones with comprehensive and compassionate care needed for total breast health. Our breast health team are among the most experienced in the region. IRMC, in partnership with UPMC Hillman Cancer Center, is at the forefront of breast cancer diagnosis and cares for our patients every step of the way from prevention, diagnosis, treatment and recovery.
The National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC), a quality program of the American College of Surgeons (ACS), has granted Three-Year Accreditation to IRMC.
Receiving care at our NAPBC-accredited center ensures that patients have access to:
- Comprehensive care, including a full range of state-of-the-art services close to home
- A multidisciplinary team approach to coordinate the best treatment options
- Information about ongoing clinical trials and new treatment options
What we offer
- Breast conservation surgery.
- Breast MRI.
- Breast radiology.
- Breast sonograms.
- Financial counseling.
- Genetic counseling.
- High risk breast cancer.
- Low dose/high resolution 3D mammography.
- Lymphedema care.
- Medical and radiation oncology.
- Minimally invasive breast biopsies.
- Palliative care.
- Psychological and social services.
- Reconstructive breast surgery.
- Screening and chemoprevention.
- Surveillance of high risk breast cancer patients.
- Vacuum-assisted biopsy.
- Zero-radiation and wire-free solution for lumpectomy.
Our Women's Imaging Center, with the latest state of the art equipment, is located on IRMC Campus and provides 3D mammography and imaging for women in our community. We also offer 3D mammography at IRMC at Chestnut Ridge. Breast MRI for both screening and diagnostic purposes is also available. This includes MRI guided biopsy with certified radiologists.
Experienced surgical team
Our board-certified breast surgeons are experts in their field. Dr. Dan Clark has over 25 years of experience treating breast patients and Dr. Nazneen Billimoria has over 10 years of experience. In addition, Dr. Francis Johns, board certified plastic surgeon, brings over 10 years of experience in breast reconstruction. Dr. Clark also has 10 years of genetic counselling experience.
A nurse navigator is available in the CBC to all breast patients who visit. The Navigator supports breast cancer patients through an individualized survivorship pathway. The navigator collaborates with the local women's health clinic when patients are un-insured or under-insured. Through all patient encounters, the Navigator assesses and identifies patient needs making appropriate appointments and referrals.
Birdie's Closet is community supported through fund raising events and memorials. Located in the CBC, Birdie's Closet offers wigs, hats, scarves, gloves and socks to bras, camisoles and shawls, free for patients. Birdie's Closet subsidizes personal articles such as lymphedema prevention sleeves.
- Annual screening events, community health programs, and support group meetings.
- Designated parking for visitors within easy access to the Center's private entrance (due to COVID-19 restrictions, patients must enter through the main entrance).
- The CBC library provides patients and families with a quiet and private place to read, rest, meet a counselor, sit with a patient before a procedure and/or attend a support group meeting or educational session. Internet service is available. Library books, magazines and a computer are also available.